Apeiron Institute for Sustainable Living is accepting applications for Executive Director. Please forward this notice to people who might want to apply.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for leading Apeiron's effort to fulfill its mission and uphold its organizational values, strategic plans, policies and procedures. The ED assumes executive responsibility for all organizational operation, including development, budgeting, programming and staff management. The ED represents the organization publicly, and works to create partnerships with businesses, government agencies, education institutions, and other non-profit organizations. The ED actively assists the board and appointed committees with fundraising, strategic planning, board development and staff development. The ED reports to the board on a regular basis on all areas of organizational operation.
About The Apeiron Institute
The Apeiron Institute is a recognized leader in the field of sustainability education and advocacy in Rhode Island. A locally focused nonprofit with offices in Providence and an ecological housing model, the Center for Sustainable Living, in Coventry, RI, Apeiron’s mission is to provide education, advocacy, and research opportunities to help Rhode Islanders create more sustainable lifestyles, communities, and institutional practices.
Apeiron’s work is grounded in a vision of a world where humanity respects its intimate connection with the earth and lives in a manner that fosters educated, prosperous, physically and spiritually healthy communities while creating and sustaining clean air and water, fertile soil, abundant wildlife, and beautiful places.
Focusing primarily on educating Rhode islanders toward developing greater awareness of sustainability issues and integrating sustainable practices into business, civic, and personal life, Apeiron’s current work includes:
- Integrating sustainable practices into all areas of K-12 Education through the Sustainable Schools Network
- Facilitating sustainable business practices through the work of the Sustainable Business Group.
- Providing Green Job Training and education programs to area workers
- Educating the public through a wide variety of programs at the institute’s Center for Sustainable Living
- Partnering with higher education institutions to develop opportunities for research and education in the field of sustainability
- Planning and hosting the annual Rhode Island Sustainable Living Festival, a day of educational workshops, exhibitions, children’s activities, and musical performances