Do you own or manage farmland or forest land in Rhode Island?
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) wants farmers and forest landowners to plan ahead and sign up this year for NRCS conservation funding. Funding is available for private agricultural land and private forestry or woodland owners in Rhode Island under the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Agricultural Management Assistance Program (AMA).
Although NRCS accepts applications on a continuous basis throughout the year, applications must be received by December 19, 2014 to be considered for FY 2015 funding!
Here are some issues for which NRCS will provide financial and technical assistance:
- Erosion Control
- Irrigation Systems and Water Wells
- Forestry Management Plans-improve natural resources and potentially reduce real estate taxes
- Forest Stand Improvement
- Grazing Plans
- Pasture and Hayland Planting
- Pollinator Habitat-increase crop yields
- Woodland Thinning
- Protections for Heavy Use Areas
- Riparian Buffers
- Seasonal High Tunnels-extend growing season
- Waste Storage Facilities
- Wildlife Habitat
Find out more HERE.